Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I don't like Whiskers, MOM!!


As I write this, I can't even believe these words come out of my precious 5 year old, Diva.

This morning goes:

I get her dressed and all is well. Mommy's choice: teal plaid shirt(from Target) with a white tshirt under(for layering effect and warmth) and some adorable blue jeans from (Target).

All is well for the moment and then it happens. The timing was perfect, right before we needed to head out for school.

She boldly comes up to me and says, "Do you want me wearing this "whisker shirt" (translate: a shirt with a collar). , because if you do, then I will be "left out" at school and DO YOU WANT ME TO FEEL LEFT OUT MOM!?".

I respond: "No, I do not want you to feel left out; however, you don't need to wear certain clothes to feel like you are IN or NOT!" I dressed you once, and I am not dressing you again.

Maddie's response: "Well, I need to look like Hanna Montana, MOM" or I will feel left out!"

Mommy says, "You don't even watch Hanna Montana or any other TV, so what is the big deal".

Maddie says, "WELLLLLL, MOM, I like Hanna Montana now, and my friends do too, so now I won't feel left out!". Aren't you happy about that MOM?!


Can this really be happening to my 5 year old? Oh my goodness, what a morning around here.


So, enjoy my little Hanna Girl. I guess it's IN. Whatever.


post signature

2 comments:

ImdaMaMa said...

Ok, M.M.R. this is for you. They are called collars. If you are a fashion girl call them by name or where what you Mommy thinks best. You have to dress for the weather, Grammie and Mommie know this to be true. So you will look really good if Mommie dresses you cuz she has two clothing stores and knows more about fashion that you or even Grammie. Collars are really cool things...they look good laying clothes....I love them!

Manda said...

I love your new picture!! They are soo cute!!