Friday, December 12, 2008

Surfboard Babies and Go Fish

Can you ever image the day when babies were taken around on surfboards?
My adorable 5 year old is the Queen Mommy. She LOVES her babies. She informed me last night that she has been pregnant for 15 years! Some of the babies you see on the surfboard, have just arrived and she is BUSY,BUSY taking care of them ALL!
Oh, WHY she is pointing: My pot of noodles is overflowing on the stove, while I take this picture.
How many babies?
She is such a busy MOMMA.

This picture needs some explaining, so tune in a bit.
Yesterday, Ben got to talk on the radio to the Lead Singer from Go FISH!
If you do not know of this talented 3-some of acapela singers for kid's music, then you can check it out on http://www.gofishguys.com/
Ben LOVES their music and has since a little toddler.
Well, yesterday, on a radio station that we love, they were having a deal where if you called in by 4pm with a pledge, you might be able to get ONE of the GoFish guys at the studio and talk with them. AND, you were entered into a contest for prizes (we didn't win)
Well, when the phone rang in the "studio", a NON-GoFISH person picked up. Ben was So adorable talking with her, that she says, "Just a minute, BEN".
Ben waits and then: Jamie, the GoFISH guy comes on and "chats' with Ben.
I wish I could have recorded the conversation. Ben was truly adorable.
This experience made his WHOLE day.....UNTIL......I told him that we wouldn't be able to travel to the concert that night.
The tears were flowing and it was that "mom moment" when I wish I could just make everything alright and I couldn't.
After much snuggling and comforting, we talked about going on-line and listening to their music again and just having a fun family night. It took awhile, but it worked.
What a night around here!


Tune in over the weekend as I post some pics of our "studio-store" process.
A BIG weekend of work and accomplishments, I hope.

post signature

No comments: