Imagine this: Me....at Sax 5th Ave...Chanel....Loius Vouitton....Barneys New York.....to name a few.....of the fancy shopping destinations for the elite.
Seeing the following: average tank top $45......blue jeans.....$178-$250 (average)....dresses $498-$2998.00 and climbing.......shoes $500 (average).......oh my goodness!
So, the wonderful lady I was with.....she seriously SHOPS these stores and actually made some purchases.
I was so kind as to try on some jeans at SAX that were on sale for the delightful price of $178, but just said: "why don't you just hold these for me, while we continue looking around a bit."
LOL....go ahead and laugh now.
The displays were amazing.....the way the clothes I felt were wonderful......the experience was appreciated and the people I watched shopping these stores were so impressive-looking; however, I have to wonder.......even IF I had the money to afford shopping these beautiful stores, would I choose to spend my money on such items? It was quite an experience overall.
I had an amazing lunch date with this lady at Atlantic Fish Company. That was the best food I have had yet. I ordered a Seafood Salad Medley. The salad was place perfectly in the middle and the seafood medley was circled around the outside of my salad. Just can't get enough Seafood I guess.
Interesting observations from Boston: every driver HONKS and drives crazy. The cab drivers (we experienced)are rude and drive way too fast and charge alot (my opinion, of course). The traffic is always crowded and pedestrians have the right of way here (cool!). You hear sirens throughout the night and it seems like the town never sleeps.
We are staying on the 20th floor of a high rise apt. building and can see most of the downtown city scape from the Apt. we are in and it's just the most incredible view ever. I'm afraid of heights, so I've had to take some deep breaths in order to go near her huge windows to get some photo ops, but hey....I'm here for the experience!
Sadly, it's our last day; however, we are going to make the very BEST of it. It will be nice to have my honee back. He's been very diligent in attending his seminars (always doing the right thing....hee hee). I love waiting for him though. He's getting great info and I'm shopping the bookstore for him while I wait. With his approval, we are bringing back some great Architecture books. He said I have been doing a great job at pre-selecting for him. Aaaahh. After almost 15 years, I think I kind of know this man. LOL
Our kids have been having such fun with their gramma and grampa R. and now they will be spending the weekend with their cousins. We sure miss them. I have some great surprises for them though. Blessed with our families for sure. Thanks everyone!!



1 comment:
So, S you will be wanting flights to Boston for shopping eh? Well, Wiesdbaden is spendy and inexpensive in shops right next to each other...for example Giraffe's for 126 Euros and 19,95 euros...well guess what Grammie would do there....Had a wonderful birthday in Europe Sa so no worries...getting my other emails? Have a good flight home...hopefully the dogs will be at the house...Ma
Post a Comment