The subject of our pastor's message today was along these lines. It was as always, very very good. After Les and I co-taught Sunday School, we had the kids join us for the contemporary service. Ben shouted a loud "Amen" at one point (cute) and Maddie was too excited to see her friend and babysitter up front singing (who also happens to be the music minister's wife and an amazing singer and also one of my employee's).....That was the beginning.......Oh, and then our pastor said the word "stupid" to make a point, and our kids both said "that's a bad word " ALOUD....nice.....oh well..... On a serious note, I needed to hear this message. So many people put "stuff" into their lives trying to make that their "happiness". Be it....money, work, self, materialistic stuff, on and on..... and it just never truly fills us up and it never lasts. I know that don't necessarily put those above items as a priority in my life, but I am guilty of putting "stuff" in front of my relationship with God and that has definately affected my "happiness" overall. I am striving everyday to maintain 2 successfull businesses as well as a family and marriage. I am very tired of giving God the last of me instead of the best of me, so I have made a decision, because our pastor reminded me that this is what it takes......a decision. I am making it a priority to go every Tuesday to a women's Bible Study Group. They have a great Child care for Maddie while I can have fellowship with other mom's/women. This is truly important and there is no reason why I shouldn't do this. Finding fun things to do in the midst of my very busy days will indeed help with my overall "happiness" I think.........
|
Sunday, September 23, 2007
What makes you HAPPY?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment