Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My FIRST 1/2 Marathon!

WE DID IT...my sister and law and I ran 13.`1 miles through the beautiful Spearfish Canyon.
She finished in 2 hrs. 12 minutes and I came in at 2 hours 42 min.
I can say that it was one of the hardest challenges I have faced with the exception of 7 years of infertility struggles.
On my body though, it was the hardest challenge I have faced for sure!
It was a journey for sure. I did NOT train to run it, but I did indeed finish the run.
My body was not prepared for such an event, but it survived it.
My legs hurt more than I can say, but a nice massage may fix that.
I am super proud of my sis in law, who was and is my inspiration.
I can now cross THIS event off my bucket list....LOL


post signature

2 comments:

ImdaMaMa said...

well she didn't get this from me but I am so marveled and blessed to have this daughter and her determination. Proud is not a word I grew up with..."pride goeth before a fall" and all. So we said we are blessed and over whelmed with great accomplishments by family. ...cheer cheer for a challenge well done. You did great doodles. OK sorry Gram but I am proud as punch....

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Sara!!!!

Colleen