Saturday, February 21, 2009

Music is in him....

I have often prayed about my son being "gifted" in music.
I take him to concerts when I can, I allow him to play with a variety of instruments he helps grammie at Jazz Fest, and recently I signed him up for Piano lessons and he did GREAT so far!
Last night, we took the kids to an acapella group called: Tonic Sol FA.
www.tonicsolfa.com
Super talented group. Well, they had Ben rockin' out in his chair and it was so wonderful to just watch him and smile deep inside.
Afterwards, he got their autographs and they each gave him a high 5. Special evening for sure.
Today, my honee's firm is having a booth at the Home Show in town, so he will be busy all weekend with that.
My Dad will be visiting us today. This will be the very first time he has even seen our home, businesses, and town overall. It's been a super long wait. I still can not believe he will actually be here......hmmmm
Oh, we have been so blessed with virtually no illnesses in our home, and yet Ben did get Strep Throat on Thursday and had a 102.7 temp...ugh. Hasn't seem to have affected him much at all, except for an afternoon. He's recovered so quickly, it's amazing and we are thankful.
Update on the new store: It's been super busy to say the least and we are getting more inventory in than we can keep up with, but it's very fun and exhausting at the same time. I will post new pictures over the weekend. stay tuned.




post signature

2 comments:

Theresa Marie said...

Hope time spent with your dad is fabulous and fun! What a special time.

ImdaMaMa said...

Music is in Mama too! No wonder he loves it so much, I don't ever remember you without music on somewhere. But, he is gifted I believe as he has the natural talent and rhythm...course S Dad is pretty good in music as well.