Monday, December 15, 2008

Horray, I figured out how to do this!!

This is my very first "Not me!" post. I love the idea of it.
O.K. this IS embarrassing, but most reading are "mommies", well except for my G.Uncle T (hang in there).
This could NOT happen to me in my own clothing store with my staff and a shopper nearby.
My 5 year old daughter surely does not shout out the following:
(first, let me explain this: I did nurse Maddie for the first 7 months, and then she got a tooth a bit me, so I was done!)
Maddie says, "Mom, the reason I have a boo boo lip (pouty lip) is because I drank from your boobs. Boobs are my special friends. (that's a bit weird)
I respond: Maddie, Shhhh. We don't talk like that in public.
Maddie says, "but I remember drinking from your boobs and I liked it."
I can not believe I am writing this, but hey, I'm being brutally honest.
I reminded my sweet 5 year old, that she was a small baby when I nursed her and she surely can not remember those moments......Oh my goodness.
My 7 year old surely did not just say the following to his sister:
"Don't piss me off sissy!" (oh my!!)
I surely do not allow my 5 year old to continue talking with her "boston-style accent and wrong pronunciations" just because it sounds too cute.
(ie: dessert = "presert" and candy canes ="handy canes" and blizzards ="lizards" or "wizards" and the best one is her version of "joy to the world" when she quotes the following:
Let Earth "restring" it's KING !)
It's just too cute to change.
OH, and tonight after I made a super messy meal and left a huge mess, I then decided to start baking cookies AND frosting them, so I can surprise my staff tomorrow?
I'm too tired to do all this and surely I don't expect my HUSBAND to clean up after me (oh....see, that's the honesty.....I DO) LOL

I LOVE McMama's Not Me post.....super funny. I could go that route too, but I think it's great for her to have that moment in blog history.

post signature

2 comments:

Keyona said...

Sometimes kids just say what comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good laugh Sara! I love kids and the funny things that come out of mouths!
Colleen