Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beyond Blessed







As a business owner, I just LOVE giving gifts to my amazing staff, especially at Christmas time, but anytime the budget allows.
Today, I walked in to my teen store and saw a large wrapped package with our family name on it. I typically would not want to bring this to any attention other than my family ;however, I was just overwhelmed....truly.
First, I am the boss. Who gives gifts to their boss? Seriously. O.K. I have before, but I surely do NOT expect anything. I am suppose to give the gifts and that's a joy for me!
Well, one of my many sweet staff members, had put together this most creative box of HOME-MADE gifts and what impressed me the most, is that she thought of my children.
As you see in the above, she made the following and packaged it so creatively.
*playdough for my kids to do
*a bead-making kit for Maddie (she picked out unique beads and such)
*home-made carmels (amazing!!)
*home-made chocolate chip/banana bread
*4 of her favorite childhood books for Ben to read (chapter books)
*home-made chex mix
*home-made Russian tea
I am beyond blessed to be surrounded by incredible women who not only work for me, but who inspire me, listen to me, care about me & my family, support my decisions, and make what I do every day....possible!!
As I go through this crazy transition of combining my two stores, I am speechless in appreciation. Not just because I got this gift today, but because I realize that I am so blessed with my staff and the store that has become such a wonderful shopping destination and work environment and I've went from 3 staff to now 18 total.
Thanks for allowing me this time to say a huge Shout OUT to my most incredible STAFF!
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss being one of your incredible staff :(

Anonymous said...

haha good! I'm glad you found it! :)

Theresa Marie said...

WOW!!! that is so neat!

La Familia Garcia said...

Your kids are precious! I'd love to work for someone who does this!!