I don't have my results back, but I'm hopeful that I'm fine because......I need to MOVE OUT in just 2 weeks!
Yes, you heard it here FIRST.
My teen store needs to MOVE OUT by November 1st. I was suppose to combine BOTH my stores into their new location by Feb. 1st and now I will be moving my teen store ALOT earlier than expected. O.K. I will explain to my friends who may be going " WHAT?"
See, my teen store is connected to a book store/coffee shop/kids book store/toy shop, etc.. and the owner of that store also owns my building. Our connecting basements (where their kids books,toys, etc-amazing stuff) was all at, got flooded recently. Due to that lovely flood, it left the building owner with the question of whether or not to continue to keep having the children's dept of THEIR store in that basement OR move it to MY store (currently) . ANd, since we didn't have a SIGNED lease......it just works out this way.
It will be better in the long run, it will just be a crazy CHICKEN RUN for the next 2 weeks!
I will take ownership of our new location this week and I guess the planning will have to start somehow, sometime...this week? I guess the banker?...will give me some money?
I guess some wonderful team of workers will be helping us rip out carpet, pull down a ceiling, break down walls, build walls, paint, etc...etc...etc...will just miraculously show up? I guess my husband can quit his day job for awhile? I guess I will find a design team to help out with the planning phase? I guess I will invest in a sleeping bag and live on George's Pizza? Who can I find short notice to design a logo? How can it be UP in time? Will my family still know me as a qualified mommy and wife?
AND, I guess that closing the store for a full week is O.K. for business? (while we move everything OUT).....Whoooo HOOOOO.
I LOVE, love, LOVE this great Adventure I am continuously on.
Dear Jesus,
How LONG do Great Adventures last? I'm getting kind of tired. Please help me to keep going day by day by day by day. AMEN.


3 comments:
WOW! That's crazy... I'm thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything! (coughcoughlogocoughcough) ;)
Oh Sara... I have no idea why all this happens to you... but I'm positive God has huge plans for the new store... bigger and better than anything you can picture right now. And where He guides, He provides, remember that. You WILL get what you need to make it a success. :)
And you have so much support from your customers as it is, that I'm sure they won't mind a few days subtracted from their shopping fun. :P
It'll be okay, Sara, I know it.
Hey sara,
If you haven't found an graphic designer yet, Virginia Sprang is excellent! So easy to work with and pretty cheap. Also are you still needing my help? I am free almost all saturdays and several weekdays (just depending on the week). Let me know! Sounds very exciting, I know you can do it! :)
Post a Comment