There was a note attached to a bottle of cologne (les') that Ben had obviously snuck to school from our house this morning withOUT our knowing (of course).
The note was written by his teacher as follows: It is NOT appropriate to bring this to school and please do not allow such things to be brought to school!!! Thanks!!
O.K. I fully understand...being a teacher of 8 years myself and having many similar situations have happened in my classrooms; however, I would NEVER have used such strong wording and underlined as she did and used exclamations as she did. There was definately a "tone" within the way the letter was written to us (parents).
So....I read it again....analyzed it (I'm a pysch major)....thought to myself....ya know what? She did NOT need to respond in such a manner and could definately have handled it nicer......SO....I decided to respond back......UT OH....remember...I've just worked a very long day, the store I was at was soooo busy.....I am hormonal as well AND have a headache....SO don't mess with ME!
Here's what I wrote:
Dear Mrs. B
Obviously, my husband nor I had ANY idea that our son was bringing his dad's expensive cologne to school . Had we known this, we would obviously, Not ALLOWED this to happen. Thanks, Mrs. and Mrs. R
P.S. The other day when I came to get my son 15 minutes early and maybe stay with him for a bit....when i walked in to the classroom...the kids were at their tables just painting their drums and such (free time) and instead of being greeted, I was approached by the lead teacher with a comment: "Do you need something?"
Seriously......how about some respect...my son is in this class and I want to spend some time with him and then take him home a bit early, so he doesn't have to stay for after school care....give me a break! Don't talk to parents that way......I would NEVER have....oofda. Those are OUR precious kids and if we want a moment with em' then hey.......we can get it! I wasn't disruptive at all. O.K. I'm done venting now.
Was I a bit rough or perhaps wrong? What would you have done?


1 comment:
Since lovely public schooling, there is one thing we have learned when it comes to the teachers. Tread carefully - pick battles very carefully. As much as we feel it would be beyond the teachers, it unfortunately is not always beyond them to ostracize our children in response to our concerns as parents. Tyler has had some crazy experiences in the school system, and I have finally learned how to pick my battles. Other things, we must simply let go of. And, trust me, that is harder for me to do than you could possibly imagine - I HATE letting go of things... hehe! But, just remember, in the big scheme of things, how much does this incident really matter? When the teachers do something that is disrespectful to me, but does not at all affect Tyler, I have to let it go, as much as I don't want to.
Anyway, I know it's hard. But, there is much, much worse that could happen. Please don't make the same mistakes that I do, because only the kids will lose. She sounds like a butt, and how dare she write that, but just be grateful the attitude was to you in place of Ben.
Tyler's first grade teacher called Tyler a "Jerk." Oh my! I could tell you teacher stories until I'm blue!!! Unfortunately, our kids will go through the school system with all its flaws, and hopefully, they will be stronger for it.
Good luck!!! You are NOT alone!!! :)
Post a Comment