Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You should try this

Recipe #1: Roasted Red Potatoes W/Bacon
Recipe #2: Fish Cakes (amazing!!)
See below for details
#1 ingredients:
2lbs red potatoes quartered
1/2 c. light ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 tsp. chopped parsley
DIRECTIONS: Turn oven on at 350 degrees. Mix dressing, cheese, bacon bits in bowl. Add potatoes and toss lightly. (I put it all into a gallon size baggie and that works too). Spoon into greased 13 x 9 pan, cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes then remove foil. Bake 15 minutes more and sprinkle with parsley. Very tasty.

Recipe #2: Fish Cakes
This recipe calls for 2 cans of Tuna ( I hate tuna, so we used fresh walleye instead and flaked it)
1 pkg. stove top stuffing mix
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/3 c. real mayo
2 TBSP. sweet pickle relish
3/4 c. water
FISH (I used 2 walleye fillets and microwaved them first, then flaked them and added them to the above ingredients).
**I also added 2 egg whites to this recipe and found that it worked a bit better as well.
DIRECTIONS: Mix all above ingredients and refrigerate 10 minutes. heat skillet with your favorite oil (I tried EVOO, but found the regular veggie oil to work best. use LARGE scoop (or your hands) and then GENTLY flatten once in pan. Patties should be thick or they will fall apart.
Cook 3 minutes. 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until golden. These ARE delicious. My kids ate 4 patties EACH!!


It's nice to be cooking again.....even just a little....LOL

post signature

1 comment:

ImdaMaMa said...

AND WHERE WAS GRAMMIE....HOME DOING TAXES...FIGHTING WITH THE OCD DOG ABOUT HER RED BALL...EATING VEG SOUP WITH NO WW POINTS...STARVING...DOING TAXES..AND WHAT ARE L&S&B&M DOING????HMMMM I ASK...EATING UNBELIEVABLY MARVELOUS LOOKING, I CAN ALMOST SMELL IT GREAT SUPPER,,,BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION S LOOK SCRUMPTIOUS,,.,.OH WELL, GUESS I'LL HAVE MY DIET RITE IN A CHERRY FLAVORE...WHOOO HOOO!!!!NEXT VISIT I WANT THIS...YES I DO!!!GREAT JOB....