Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tough Lesson For Maddie

Am I am mean Mom?
I had found these adorable barbie dolls at a garage sale, enough for
all the daycare cuties where Maddie attends daycare.
I had this great idea.
Let's give each girl at daycare a barbie as well as one for my Maddie too, of course.
I thought Maddie would think that this was a great idea......NOT!!
A great lesson of sharing......NOT!
Well, after much screaming from my daughter. She calmed down enough for me to
explain why mommy thought this would be so much FUN!
Mommy LOVES to be generous and so should my kids....right?!!!!!
Well, we finally came to a conclusion that she could help decide which friend
got which barbie and we made special cards for each friend with a special sticker.
With tears in her eyes...we presented them to the girls at daycare and they were soooo
excited!!! Maddie was praised for her generosity and she thought it wasn't so bad to share.
She named hers: Jezel.
Now all the cute girls are playing Barbie's today....Way to go Maddie....Isn't it FUN to share?
BTW: This is her 2nd barbie. She prefers Dolls with diapers to a Barbie. But, it's a start. LOL
I love life's lessons...especially to a 4 1/2 year old.
post signature

No comments: