Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our 24 hr. vacation!!!

Getting ready to travel.....3 hour drive...
How long will it take? Are we almost there?
How many days can we stay? How much longer?
Ben was very very anxious to get there!

Just a cute photo op, says Mommy and proud wife.
Nice to just be together.

The place we stayed was AMAZING. It had an incredible
water park/resort. It was huge and it captivated our children.
Ben is our water bug 100%.
"Look at ME", Mommy. I heard this non-stop
from both kids. Glad to have a spouse to swim with me, so
we could tag team with the kids.....oofda. Such FUN!
Maddie was sooo cute here....she was deciding whether or not
to climb into the water slide area and was a bit scared.
She stayed close by mommy and then got more brave as we stayed.
Fun floating rocks! Ben explored every single area in the
water park!
Maddie just being cute, says mommy.

Here's one view of the resort we were at. There's a whole
other side view that I didn't get in this picture. PLUS, they have
a complete outdoor water park that's open in the summer time as well.
It's HUGE.
This area was fun. It was a little circular creek that you could just go
round and round with inner tubes. Les and I each swam with the kids too, and
really enjoyed this area in the double inner tube boats. We raced.
Maddie getting alittle more brave.

Ahhhh, Daddy with his Dolly.

My brave little man......oh my.

All by himself. He is really growing up....sigh.
I guess I have to let this happen.......LOL

Meet my dad. Reason we went to this resort.
Haven't seen each other in years. Seen many people
who hadn't seen me since I was very young and some of whom
have never met our children.
Happy that my family was with me. Overall, a nice visit.
Bro's: I'll email other family pics!
Look MOM and DAD, can we stop there?!
YOU BET! Quick u-turn and a full belly of
ice-cream!
A quick 24 hour vacation; but much needed and enjoyed.

post signature


2 comments:

ImdaMaMa said...

Well, it sure looks like lots of fun...glad you all got a breather...and got wet by the looks of things...always nice to touch base with extended family...looks like you all had a great time...wow that't the biggest ice cream cone I have ever seen...bet real ice cream was delicious...what fun!

Theresa Marie said...

oh my gosh - how FUN!!! I LOVE the photo of "daddy and his dolly" that is adorable!