Sunday, December 2, 2007

Special Family Night...lots of Pictures


This is from the end going backwards....
After we finished our decorating, the kids posed
by their creation as they were so very proud and
so were mommy and daddy. Mommy was glad
to be feeling a bit better tonight.
P.S. How precious are they?


Ben asked if he could put the star on top of
the tree this year. It was so cute because he
was truly excited about this. He was preparing
his words as he was about to put the star on.
He pauses and says, "star bright, star light,
I'm so thankful to put this star on our tree tonight"
He is truly amazing, seriously.


Here is daddy and kids waiting to put more
ornaments on. Notice that Ben is holding that
Star? He is really pondering and patiently waiting
to put in on TOP of the tree.


We decided it would be a nice night to decorate
a little bit, even though our house in under distress
with the remodel. Ben has been asking when can we
get a tree up. So, tonight we put on the Christmas music
and for 2 hours we just decorated and spent time
together. It was very nice.
Mommy finally had a bit more energy back after
a nasty nasty virus took over my body for the weekend.


Here is my dolly Maddie. She is just too cute.
She was patiently putting up her ornament that
we got her tonight. They each got an ice-cream
cone ornament since they both love that as a treat.


Ben picked out red garland for his choice for the
tree. We have decided to start the tradition of
allowing our children to take part in making the
tree a special memory for them, so letting them
choose decorations, etc....was very fun for them.
It will be their unique creation and it already looks
great.


Here they are at the beginning. We are just
excited to have grammie's tree for this year.
The kids had so much fun decorating it. They were
singing Christmas songs and even hugging each
other throughout the night.
It's the BEST when you have these kind of times
with your children.
When I tucked my son in tonight, he just stared into my eyes
and says: "tonight was really special mommy, and I will dream
about it." and then he reached out and held my hand.
TEARS.....oh yah.
Blessed.....oh yah.

My cup overflows with the love of my children!!!!!

P.S. Ever seen that movie Hope Floats? I recommend it.


post signature

1 comment:

ImdaMaMa said...

Talk about cup overflowing...imagine being the Grammie, Mom, and Mother in law to this incredible family....I can hardly type I am so blessed. They are my family close, since my Son's live overseas I am blessed that I have one child close. I hope to be with my Son's some this spring/summer...now there's another blessing. A soon to be 5 year old granddaughter in the Czech Republic and a grandson and new granddaughter in Germany. My cup truly overflows....