Monday, October 15, 2007

Oh our Boo Boo


Our sweet little Maddie, now 4 years old, had to go to the Dr. again today. About 3 weeks ago, she had a mono virus that gave her a fever for over 6 days. It was uncommon that her young of age would get that nasty virus, but our little one got it. Well, this morning, we awoke to finding out that her "potty" was not normal to say the least. Normal is yellow, hers was brown.
Dr. took blood work from her arm (o.k. I'm going to brag...she was amazing!...didn't even shed a tear and even told the nurses..."thank you" when they were finished.....how cute is she, I say.
To shorten the story...She has inflamation in her kidney's due to an infection that our Dr. is puzzled as to what the source is from. Is it from the mono virus still and her body is still trying to fight it somehow? Why show up now and in this way? He wants to see her weekly for urine checks and blood work ups to just be sure that we aren't missing anything critical.
So far her kidney function looks good....praises for that!!
We have to limit sodium in her diet. So, when I told her that, she was sooo cute about shopping with me. "mommy, does that have sodeeiuym in there" . Even if it was a treat or something she really liked, she wouldn't be upset if I had to tell her no. She understood that her Dr. said that we had to do this so she could get better and keep her healthy. I was so proud of her.

I have to admit that I am a bit concerned for her. She amazes me every day. She can be a bit emotional about things; however, i'm always amazed by her intuitive,compassionate, tenderhearted spirit. She handles situations in a way that even I stand back and say "wow".....that's my girl. Her smile and dimples will make anyone smile right back.
I know God is watching over my dolly and even today Maddie says "mommy, why are people praying for me"......aaah.......

post signature

No comments: