Where to begin? This weekend was suppose to be a birthday/relaxing weekend and instead it was my mom's idea to have an extreme makeover at our house! The birthday celebration will now be this coming weekend with all the cousins. Ben's Birthday was on Labor Day . To start: HyVee to see Kari (his favorite Chef) who greeted him with hug and made his favorite pancake. and ended with a scooby doo cupcake. Next: To the local Bakery where Ben and his best friend (the owner-Pam) spent the morning making his own giraffe cake (he called me when he was ready to come home). Such a big boy. I'm so thankful for the influences like Kari and Pam in his life......he adores their friendship and kindness towards him and he just loves their attention. O.K. Basically, we spent 4 days gutting out the kids' rooms. yes, they NOW have their OWN rooms!!!! They have new carpet, new beds, and new paint! It was MUCH needed to say the least! My mom is nothing short of AMAZING! She got our laundry DONE, dusted (I can't...allergies), and everything in between. She gave 4 days of her time so that we could relax more as a family (much needed). Maddie has a green/pink room and Ben has a blue/green room. The blue wasn't the perfect shade, but it looks alright. They WANT to be in their room now and this is truly a blessing. Tonight is Maddie's preschool open house. She is SO excited to go. I know she'll be alittle shy at first, but it won't last long and she'll be ready to learn and make new friends. Ben is thriving at Kindergarten. I can't wait to pick him up and hear all about his day. I need to go shopping for my kids back to school stuff......I'm very late this year. My kids have grown a ton over the summer.....it's hard to keep up. They will have to make due for now, since we blew our monthly budget on their rooms.......but it WAS so worth it! ![]() |
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Room Makeover & School Starting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment