So, while at our local Arts in the Park (so fun!), I took the opportunity to seek out an officer and ask him to introduce himself to Maddie. Her eyes were big, but she was such a big girl. I talked to her about what great things police officers do and how they can help us when we need it too. She shook his hand (good girl), and when he asked her what her name was, she says: "I'm Maddie". She says "I'm almost 4.......are you going to take me to jail?" "No sweetie, I am not going to do that". Maddie seemed more relaxed and told him "It was nice to meet you, bye", as we left.
She tells me: Mommy, that police officer is a nice guy and he is not going to take me to jail!"
I just hugged her and told her I was soooo proud of her for being a big girl now.
We enjoyed our time there. Mom and I heard some fantastic music from Canada!! I bought 2 CD's, of course. I just LOVE to listen to the local and surrounding artists. It's my "thing".
We took the neighbor boy, Ben's best friend Hunter. They were great and being so cute together, giving hugs and playing soooo nicely. They each got matching rock necklaces too.
Maddie was content eating and drinking lots of water, as usual.
A nice day, after a long and busy week opening our new downtown store.
The designer has sent the file of pictures and now I'm trying to retrieve them to put on my blog,,,,this computer stuff stresses me out!!



No comments:
Post a Comment