Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just my thoughts today......

Pouring my french press coffee into my delicate little tea cup, I sit here for a chat with you.
Children still in mommy's bed while daddy is away on a little trip with some members of our church family.
Dog is on our couch licking out the left overs in a yogurt cup left out by one of the kids.......sigh.
Can I just say this? You don't have to continue reading, I understand. It's just my "venting" time, or "sympathy" time. Go ahead and read IF you want........I'll get over this...don't worry.
Reflecting upon the day I first started with my FIRST little store, over 3 years ago.....now planning one of the biggest moves to combine both my stores into one. Wondering if.......does anyone really know or care how much "creative" efforts go into the planning of these stores? Are they going to notice all the little details I have thought so long about, just to make their shopping experience a bit more fun and special? OR....could I make my life so much simplier by not caring about such things? Does anyone else really care? Is anyone going to know all the reasons I have chosen to do such things? Does it even matter? Why should I even bother? (ok...a bit harsh)
Does anyone know how costly this transition is and know how scared I am to even make our first payment of rent/bills? Does anyone know how many logo searches I have done just to find the "right" one? (well, some do...hee hee).. UPDATE: the LOGO IS DONE!!! it's a secret though.
Why am I so candid right now? (it's probably the DECAF coffee...ugh!)
Does anyone know how I long daily for some TV show makeover to just come in the front door and say, "we are here to help you?"
Does anyone know how I just long to take some kind of mini trip with my whole family just to escape all the work that is due within the next few weeks? (ok...that is not reasonable..sorry)
Does anyone know that eating a lot of guacomole and chips, Christmas cookies, homemade carmels and a few bottles of COKE, and a few drive thru's really DOES add on the pounds? Geez.....does this really have to happen now?
Well, I do hope I have not caused you too many emotional issues today. I really am blessed and trying to have FUN daily in my chaos. I know that when it's all said and done....it will be great!
Maybe I'm hormonal AGAIN today. I should probably go and get a check up. LOL

Thanks for reading. Pictures next time....hee hee

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin Up, My Friend. It's a lovely day and the store is going to be AMAZING!!!

JL

Grammie Penny said...

Well this is an incredible, innovative,inspirational, influential experience I have every been a witness too. So much talent in a small midwest town bringing the most awesome creative studio shopping experience that will be next to none. My cup is overflowed. What gifts lie in FSIL(he knows), dtr and staff...all I can say is WOW and I am blessed as a simple insignificant onviewer and having a bitsy part. It's going knock socks off! Love you all...AKA Grammie and Ma for all if you want.