very sick and pregnant with Maddie and the only way that the hospital would
let me leave is IF I would eat something....AND, the ONLY thing I could keep
down was the Creamed Spinach. (sounds gross, perhaps)
Well, now Applebees serves a side dish of this and I was determined to make for
our family (yes, even our children)
SO, tonight I prepared my version of Creamed Spinach:
- *melt 2 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP flour in pan
- *add half & half AND some chix broth (enhances flavor) until you get your desired amount and consistency. I added about 1 cup or so of the half and half AND 1/2 -3/4 c of the broth. Once it thickened, I added fresh parmesean cheese (yummy)
- Meanwhile, I had taken the fresh spinach and place it into a microwavable TUPPERWARE container (wink) and cooked for 3 minutes. I used 1 whole package.
- Place the spinach into the sauce and gently stir together.....Very Good.
- The kids ate it too! Key to veggie success: Make a good sauce!!
P.S. Looking forward to this Sat.....our little chef: BEN gets to go to his cooking class at HYVEE with his best pal, Chef Kari. He is totally pumped. For 2 hours, he gets to be a chef too!



1 comment:
This is great S, L, B & M...don't think Grammie will join you but it's great that you all loved the Spinach! As for Sous Chef Ben, well from vast experience with my Grandbabies M & B I can say for certain they both are great prep chef's and Ben's set's a wonderful table and serves well. Love those Grandbabies.....
Post a Comment