Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cabinet Weekend....


on the right was our old cabinet style....on the
left is our current view. We still haven't decided
on the hardware (handle or knob?)

This part was no fun and very time consuming...
we had to stain these decorative trim pieces and
then sand them to the way we liked (the stain
took too much....ugh). Lots of sanding with hands
and the dremel tool... to get into the groves.
Les and I had lots of bonding time and I enjoyed
using power tools.....oh yah!

This is the look so far....we may do a bit more
sanding on the trim; however....they are pretty
much done.
HUGE THANK YOU to GRAMMIE for being the
BEST MOM ever and GRAM! These weekends wouldn't
be possible without YOU for sure!!!!
We are so looking forward to seeing an end to this
remodel. We are thankful and tired.
Ben says: "When are we going to get some nice floor put in
our rooms because I am embarrased." (Sigh)
p.s. We still have sub floor all over.....looks terrible.
This is a first experience for us....wow, have we learned.

1 comment:

ImdaMaMa said...

awwww, come on L&S don't be so hard on yourselves...look what you have accomplished in a not very long time...remember S&D was over 3years of nothing but studs and no cabinets...you've done great....and alot of it yourselves...congrats...Grammie reaps the rewards...have my Grandbabies alot..when you are alone most of the time...trust me this is good....loving every minute! Hats off to you both...and I am ready and willing anytime! Love you all....Grammie