skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My Miracles, Flu Shots, My Surrender


Cute picture I thought. This was taken at the Apple Orchard this Fall. We go there every year. It's such a joy to enjoy the outdoors anytime with my kids. The smells of Fall are the BEST. They jumped off the haystacks, ate apple pie, listened to Phil Baker music, picked apples from the orchard, rode on the tractor ride and spent time with grammie too, of course.
Today, we all had our flu shots. Maddie: perfect. Me: I cried later (nah, just kidding). Ben: 2 nurses and myself had to hold onto him in the entry way of my husband's office (where they were giving them) and let's just say, he wasn't happy about having his flu shot and I was a bit embarrassed that my son was acting that way in front of my husband's co workers and supervisors....sigh. We all held him down while the 2 seconds were over and he was fine, just fine. Good grief. I think boys can be a bit whimpy about such things....I mean really. He even goes bizerk for a bandaid!!! I hope I don't get in trouble from mom's of boys now....hee hee
I am officially surrendering to the fact that I can no longer run 2 stores and my life as a mom and wife and a home remodel (hee) anymore. After my mom,husband, and Dr.'s begging and strong voices in my ear, I have decided to hire a full time Assisant Manager to help me manage and share in my vision for both my stores. I will expand on this at later date for my LD family and friends, but most know already and are probaby saying: About Time Sara.
I don't feel good about how things are going and I am putting alot of blame on myself and that's not good either. It's taking me down the wrong path. I just can't keep up. I'm just Running, Running, Running all day long, all day long and it never ends.
I'm so proud of our stores and our staff and what we've done for our community. I don't want to let anyone down and I feel I've let myself and my family down and honestly, my stores too . I have lots more to say on this subject, but I'll save that for another time.......for anyone who is interested. Pray Pray Pray!!!!
This is a good decision; however I need prayer for the "just right person".
1 comment:
Hey Sara and Les and my adorable niece and nephew, Maddie and Ben!
Grandma and Grandpa left yesterday AM. Chelsea and I played hookie all day just to work on scrapbook, etc together. I ended up having to do a most unpleasant job and drive in to town though to get some stuff figured out on my computer before I can even begin to do a family DVD (current project these days)....I was missing some patch cords and things to fix computer issues. Sounds like you have had your share of computer issues =(
Chelsea did a scrapbook page that is about our Berthoud house. It is an absolute tear jerker and of course I cried... She knew I would, but didn't expect me to sob like that after THE FIRST SENTENCE!!! She is so good at that and yes, she is growing up way to fast. She is so beautiful and right now, is having a hard time choosing between two "young men.".... I'm not ready for this stage yet...
Anyway, I enjoy checking your site out once in a while and seeing what you're up to and watching the kids grow and grow and grow... I can't wait to see them around Christmas time!!!
Grandma and I played around a little on your site while she was here since she doesn't ever get a chance to do that... I wish we would have thought about writing a comment then. She was pretty impressed with the site though. You do an amazing job on that Sara... I will have to learn some of that from you when I come home. When I checked with Grandma, the pictures of the house endeavor weren't up yet....Boy, you guys have your work cut out for you!!! It will be beautiful when it is done but I'm sure it is difficult to live amongst the mess now.
I'm going to try to call you guys tonight before you go up for Thanksgiving to the folks. I really would like to talk to you before all of the commotion. Talk to you soon. I love and miss you guys. Wish we could all find time to write and call more often!
Love, Aunt "Wowie" (as named by our little Celina)
Post a Comment